Sydney Endoscopic Ear Surgery Courses
Sydney Endoscopic Ear Surgery Research Group 8th Course for 2022
The SEES Group runs an annual Endoscopic Ear Surgery course to advance the technique and its application throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the world.
Previous courses included:
- March 2015 was convened by Associate Professor Nirmal Patel and held at Macquarie University and was attended by International instructors Dr Muaaz Tarabichi and Dr Joao Nogueira. We had a total of 28 dissectors and 10 observers with a “recommend this course to friend rating” of 100% from feedback forms. Local faculty included Dr Nicholas Jufas, Dr Alex Saxby and Dr Jonathon Kong.
- July 2016 convened by Dr Alex Saxby, with international instructors Professor Daniele Marchioni and Dr Joao Nogueira. Local Faculty included Dr Nicholas Jufas, Dr Joanathon Kong and Associate Professor Nirmal Patel.
- March 2017 – presatellite course in Adelaide before the ASOHNS Annual Scientific Meeting. Register through ASOHNS ASM 2017 website.
- September 2017 – SEES 4th Fresh Cadaver Dissection course convened by Associate Professor Nirmal Patel and Dr Nicholas Jufas to be held September 2nd and 3rd 2017 at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney. Invited faculty includes Professor Daniele Marchioni & Associate Professor Alejandro Rivas.
- September 2018 – SEES 5th was held at RPA with international guests Professor Seiji Kakehata, A/Prof Daniel Lee and Assistant Professor Michael Cohen. Live surgery was streamed from Verona Italy with Professor Daniele Marchioni
- September 2019 – SEES 6th course was held at RNSH with international guests Professor Daniele Marchioni (University of Verona), Professor Adrian James (University of Toronto) and Dr Arun Iyer (University of Glasgow).
- May 2021 – SEES 7th course including Eustachian Tuboplasty; International Faculty Professor Daniele Marchioni, Professor Mohamed Badr-El-Dine, Professor In Seok Moon, A/Prof Arun Iyer, Dr Waitsz Chang
August 2022 SEES 8th course at RNSH, Sydney